Summer Gets Cooler at Brick House Tavern + Tap With New Patio Potion Cocktails
Four tantalizing treats, served in shareable beakers, debut June 17
DALLAS, TX (June 16, 2014) –Your neighborhood Brick House Tavern + Tap is unleashing a batch of ingenious concoctions tomorrow featuring an exotic blend of specialty drinks sure to make this summer a whole lot more refreshing.
On Tuesday, June 17, Brick House taverns nationwide will launch their new Patio Potions, a collection of four truly original cocktails designed to send taste buds everywhere into a decadent tailspin. Each order serves four, making it perfect for sharing and sampling.
“The drinks themselves are fantastic, and we’ve added a fun and distinctive flourish with the vessels they’re served in – an actual beaker on a round aluminum tray,” said James Blystone, senior director of Brick House Tavern + Tap. “But this is anything but weird science…Our Patio Potions are all about creating a memorable and shareable experience with friends. We’re excited to start rolling them out of the ‘lab’ and into the hands of our guests this summer.”
Formulated with such tantalizing elements as fresh blackberries, cucumber, thyme and watermelon, these spellbinding potions include:
• Watermelon Cucumber Splash, made with Prairie Cucumber Organic Vodka, watermelon puree, lime, soda and freshly sliced cucumber;
• Summer Sangria, a delightful combination of Angove Nine Vines Moscato, Absolut Citron Vodka, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, yuzu puree, ruby red grapefruit juice, soda and angostura bitters;
• Cadillac Margarita, a South of the Border treat featuring Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila, Grand Marnier, Triple Sec and fresh orange juice; and,
• Summerthyme Moonshine, a refreshing blend of Ole Smokey Blackberry Moonshine, Licor 43, citrus thyme puree, lemon, soda and fresh blackberries.
Hand-crafted and designed to be shared with friends, all four Patio Potions are also available in single-serve sizes for individuals.
ABOUT BRICK HOUSE TAVERN + TAP
Part of the Ignite Restaurant Group (NASDAQ: IRG) portfolio of restaurants, Brick House Tavern + Tap features a unique menu of American classics with a twist, specialty cocktails and more than 80 beers and beer cocktails, served up with its own blend of personalized hospitality. At 20 locations across the U.S., the elevated next-generation tavern atmosphere is complete with 30+ HD flat screen TVs, soft leather recliners with built-in TV trays, live music and outdoor dining. For more information, go to brickhousetavernandtap.com.
BRICK HOUSE TAVERN + TAP AND OPERATION HOMEFRONT LAUNCH THE "TASTE FREEDOM" CAMPAIGN
America’s Favorite Neighborhood Tavern Serves Those Who have Served our Country
SAN ANTONIO, TX (July 3, 2014) – Today Brick House Tavern + Tap announced a new partnership with Operation Homefront that honors those who protect our freedom. Together they launched “Taste Freedom,” a nine-week campaign aimed to give back to the heroic military men and women who currently serve or have served this country.
Today at a press event in San Antonio, TX, Brick House Tavern + Tap and Operation Homefront announced special opportunities to donate to Operation Homefront, in addition to donating homes, with one going to a deserving military family in the San Antonio-area. “We are thrilled to partner with Brick House Tavern + Tap and the Ignite Restaurant Group on this exciting Taste Freedom campaign. This is the first of its kind campaign for Operation Homefront and the restaurant industry. And what better way to kick-off the campaign than an exceptionally generous home donation to a military family in need. The need is great in San Antonio as it is home to many large military bases and retired veterans,” said Tim Farrell, Chief Operating Officer, from Operation Homefront.
“At Brick House Tavern + Tap we pride ourselves on service. But the special people that know service better than anyone else are those military members past and present. It is an honor to partner with Operation Homefront to help to raise funds for those deserving military families in need,” said James Blystone, senior director, for Brick House Tavern + Tap. “We look forward to giving back to our heroes in a meaningful way.”
To kick-start the campaign, Brick House Tavern + Tap, Operation Homefront and Wells Fargo donated a mortgage-free home to a U.S. Army Specialist located in the San Antonio, TX area. Additionally, Brick House outlined a nine-week campaign that’s filled with different ways Brick House Tavern + Tap has pledged its support to “Taste Freedom” including:
- Independence Day Offer: On Independence Day, all active duty and retired military members will receive 50 percent off their food at any of the Brick House Tavern + Tap locations across the country. The incentive may be redeemed by showing a military ID or printing out the Taste Freedom certificate from the Brick House Tavern + Tap Facebook page at facebook.com/brickhousetavernandtap.
- Military Mondays: Every Monday from July 7th through Sept. 1, active duty and retired military personnel will receive 20 percent off their food, again by showing a military ID or bringing in the Taste Freedom certificate from the Brick House Tavern + Tap Facebook page.
- Restaurant Guest Involvement: Taste Freedom also includes opportunities for guests to support this charitable cause. For a $5 donation, guests will receive a certificate for a complimentary appetizer of their choice; and for a $10 donation, guests receive a certificate for a complimentary entrée. Certificates can be used during the guests’ next visit. All of the funds raised will go to Operation Homefront. They, in turn, will use the funds to support military families in a variety of ways from financial assistance, emergency food assistance, baby items, home and appliance repair, and much more.
- Cheers of Courage: Brick House Tavern + Tap will encourage its guests to post their messages of thanks, pictures, stories, or other sayings on its Facebook page using the hashtag #BHTTtastefreedom.
- Serving up Wishes: Likewise, Brick House Tavern + Tap wants to “serve up” wishes to military families, and will encourage them to post their wishes to its Facebook page – with the hashtag #BHTTtastefreedom. The goal is to achieve more than 250,000 likes/shares/posts between Serve up Wishes and Cheers of Courage. If the goal is reached, Brick House Tavern + Tap will donate additional funds in each of its markets.
The Taste Freedom campaign will run from July 4th through Labor Day, Sept.1, 2014. Guests and media can follow Brick House Tavern + Tap and Operation Homefront campaign at facebook.com/brickhousetavernandtap and https://twitter.com/BrickHouseTT.
About Brick House Tavern + Tap
Part of the Ignite Restaurant Group (NASDAQ: IRG) portfolio of restaurants, Brick House Tavern + Tap features a unique menu of American classics with a twist, specialty cocktails, and more than 80 beers and beer cocktails, served up with its own blend of personalized hospitality. At 20 locations in the U.S., the elevated next-generation tavern atmosphere is complete with 30+ HD flat-screen TVs, soft leather recliners with built-in TV trays, live music and outdoor dining. For more information, go to www.brickhousetavernandtap.com.
About Operation Homefront
A national nonprofit, Operation Homefront leads more than 2,500 volunteers with nationwide presence who provide emergency and other financial assistance to the families of service members and wounded warriors. Operation Homefront has provided assistance to thousands of military families since its inception in 2002. Recognized for superior performance by leading independent charity watchdog groups, nationally, 93 percent of total donations to Operation Homefront go directly to programs that provide support to our military families. For more information, go to www.OperationHomefront.net.